[mythtv-users] Radio Times xmltv Howto?

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:04:35 UTC 2008

Here's my script which I run from cron just in case anyone is interested:

#!/bin/bash

IMDB=$HOME/.imdb
MYTHTV=$HOME/.mythtv
RTXML=$MYTHTV/rt.xml
RTEXML=$MYTHTV/rtx.xml
RTCFG=$MYTHTV/xml_uk_rt.xmltv

echo "Getting EPG from RT site..."
/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --quiet --config-file $RTCFG --output $RTXML
echo "Enhancing with IMDB..."
cat $RTXML | /usr/bin/tv_imdb --imdbdir $IMDB --movies-only > $RTEXML
echo "Loading EPG into Myth..."
/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete --update --file 1 0 $RTEXML
echo "Cleaning out garbage..."
/usr/bin/mysql < $MYTHTV/epg_clean.sql
echo "Done"

The tv_imdb stage requires a local cache of the imdb database and
populates the movies with imdb star ratings which is nice. I read
somewhere about how to set all that up but can't remember where now
:-) You can skip that step and just use the raw rt data file in the
mythfilldatabase call if you like.

The epg_clean.sql file has this in it:
delete from program where starttime >= adddate(current_date(),interval 14 day);

which cleans out any rubbish over 14 days away - I think EIT
occasionally glitches and stuffs entries in with weird dates.

Some of my channels do get data from EIT, can't remember why, probably
they didn't have RT data at some point, they might now:

C4+1
Teachers TV
Dave
UKTV History
ITV2+1
Smile TV
Nuts TV

Not sure why I even have some of those visible!

Anyway, HTH,
Neil

--
Neil Milne