[mythtv-users] MythWeb: Recreating thumbnails all the time

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Jan 9 20:07:29 UTC 2008

HI!

Chris Petersen wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Thomas Börkel wrote:
>> Nobody any idea why Thumbnails are recreated every time here?
>
> Same machine running the backend and mythweb?  Are the thumbnails

Yes.

> being created in the backend's video directory?  Are the files mounted

Yes.

> on a file system that respects modification times?

The recordings are on xfs, MythWeb is on ext3. The same setup that I had
with my old installation.

> Mythweb only updates its thumbnails from the backend if it's cached
> copies are older than the "last updated" date about a recording in the
> database.  If you're doing things like comflagging that will update
> that info in the db, mythweb will recreate thumbnails.

No, that's not it. It always recreates ALL thumbnails when I visit the
recordings page.

The modification date in the database is older than the cached copies.

For example:

Database:
basename: 4740_20071219193500.mpg
lastmodified: 2007-12-19 20:30:00

Recordings directory:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 mythtv mythtv 31K  8. Jan 22:12
/video/recordings/4740_20071219193500.mpg.png

MythWeb cache directory:
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 31K  8. Jan 22:12
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/data/cache/4740_20071219193500.mpg.png

Thomas