[mythtv-users] Comcast/QAM

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:31:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 2:48 PM, Willy Boyd <willyboyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008 10:34 PM, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/hdhomerun/channels
> >
> > Is what I use to see what I *should* be getting.
> >
> > Sean
> >

> WOW.  THANK YOU for posting that link.  If that's correct for my area
> (Comcast Houston), and it looks like it might be, then now I can
> finally feel good about re-scanning my QAM lineup and being able to
> drop all those crap channels that come up for Comcast (all the
> un-tunable "UNKNOWN"s).

I'm a Comcast SF Bay customer, but I believe the "UNKNOWNS" are the
"on-demand" streams to boxes that have requested them.  Nice to see they're
not ALL pr0n :)  These show up unencrypted - my completely un-informed guess
is that since they are random and unscheduled (at the whims of your Comcast
subscriber neighbors), Comcast sees no need to encrypt them.