[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Thu Jan 10 00:05:58 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

So, a friend has been thinking of giving MythTV a go, but he is a pure
Windows guy.  I thought I'd do something nice and build him a snazzy
MythTV box since I'm quite a bit better with Linux than he is.  Since
it's a gift, I'd really like to get it right the first time.  If you
guys were building a dream MythTV box, what would you buy?  I want to
get something pretty as well so that it looks like a real appliance (I
was looking at those Shuttle cases).

If you guys were building something for your mother, what would you get?

Michael