[mythtv-users] DVD ISO playback problems: Invalid IFO

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu Jan 10 00:21:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 07:14:00PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
[...snip...]
> /me wonders why distros still use dd_rescue instead of ddrescue (and, if
> installing dd_rescue, why they don't install dd_rhelp).

Well, Ubuntu (I'm running Hardy) has a package named 'ddrescue' which
installs a program named 'dd_rescue'.  It would appear that the binary
is the Garloff version.

$ dd_rescue
dd_rescue: (fatal): both input and output have to be specified!

dd_rescue Version 1.13, garloff at suse.de, GNU GPL
($Id: dd_rescue.c,v 1.55 2007/03/18 14:29:10 garloff Exp $)
dd_rescue copies data from one file (or block device) to another.

Works fine for me, but I didn't quite follow all the ins and outs of
your e-mail.  I had never heard of dd_rhelp.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org