[mythtv-users] New user problems

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:23:07 UTC 2008

In addition to Steve's suggestions, although you may not have
a problem with an SATA drive, you might check with iostat to
see if you have an IOBOUND system.

It is a generally recommended practice to put the OS and
mySQL database on a separate disk from the one that
contains the recordings in order to spread the IO load.  The
OS/mySQL disk can be relatively small -- I have a frontend-
only machine running on an old 8GB disk I had laying around,
but a backend system would be better served with something
larger, say 40-80GB?

HTH.

Craig.