[mythtv-users] Modeline / timings help; convert xorg to windows

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:45:26 UTC 2008

Hey all. I've just made up a VGA to Scart connector following the guide at http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/circuit to hopefully give me the best quality signal i can get for myth (RGBs is the best my old PAL CRT TV does).

To use it, apparently I just need to use this modeline in xorg.conf:
Modeline "720x576pali" 13.88  720 742 808 888  576 580 583 625 -hsync -vsync interlace

but first I wanna test it out in windows; mainly just cos it's quick to do. But although the Windows Nvidia drivers give me the ability to create a custom resolution/modeline, each field is named completely differently from xorg's.

See pic: http://www.inaudible.co.uk/temp/windowsmodelines.jpg

Whereas xorg.conf uses dotclock, " hdisp hsyncstart hsyncend htotal, vdisp vsyncstart vsyncend vtotal ", which are apparently h res, h front porch, h sync pulse, h back porch and the same for v....

My windows config only has front porch, h res, h total and h sync width. Could anyone tell me what goes where?

Also, so long as it works (not tested it yet), is anyone in the UK in the market for a vga to scart connector? i have enough to make up one more so i can send it you for cost price (around £1.50) + postage (about the same). they're pretty roughly put together but will hopefully work fine :o)

Christopher
The Crimea / The Crocketts
http://www.inaudible.co.uk