[mythtv-users] SVN 15166: playback profiles - Deinterlacers

Paul Catchpole paul at paulcatchpole.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 18:58:58 UTC 2008

Phill Wiggin wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 11:04 AM, Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com> wrote:
>
>> Phill Wiggin wrote:
>>
>>> Now, the only options I have for deinterlacers are: Bob2x, Linear
>>> blend, and None.  How can I enable other deinterlacers? (Kernel, etc)
>>>
>> Do you have XvMC turned on? This limits the deinterlacer choices.
>>

> Yes, I do.  However, I also had it turned on previously (otherwise,
> the machine wouldn't smoothly play HD).

I've got a similar setup, with a Sempron 3000 and FX5200. I haven't
managed to get Xvmc working since the mythtv-vid merge, although I don't
need it [no HD] so I've not been too bothered.

Two thoughts spring to mind - one is whether you're still using Xvmc at
HD resolution given the playback profiles, you can check in the frontend
log - possibly better with -v playback. Also, are you actually using the
opengl renderer, from mythtv-vid - that stresses my Sempron quite hard
although it's fine for SD playback. I don't find the Sempron 3000 at
1.6ghz much of a massive upgrade from the PIII 800 it replaced -
especially before I fixed the DSDT in the bios so it would actually run
at 1.6ghz! :-)

PC