[mythtv-users] SVN 15166: playback profiles - Deinterlacers

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:09:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:55 PM, Alex Halovanic <halovanic at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the past I believe the behavior was that you could select any deinterlacer
> for XvMC even though 'none', 'one-field' and 'bob2x' were the only valid
> choices and it would automatically fall back to one-field, so you were really
> using this for deinterlacing, which is probably also the lowest cpu-wise.
>

> Alex

If I'm reading your comment correctly, you're saying that back then I
thought I was using the 'kernel' when I was actually using one-field?
Just as a point of clarification, I tried every type of deinterlacing
(before Profiles went in), and 'kernel' gave me a marked improvement
over all other selectable deinterlacers.  So, I'm not convinced that
it was falling back to something else, as I'd have tried this other
option, and it didn't work as well as 'kernel'. (Unless there was a
'fallback' that wasn't selectable in the Myth UI.)

Just for clarifcation,
With Profiles, I've gone through every XvMC-available deinterlacer in
the config screen, but all of them have the same problem (stuttering
audio).  Prior to the Profiles, XvMC was working w/ kernel
de-interlacing selected.