[mythtv-users] Radio Times xmltv Howto?

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:26:12 UTC 2008

If you specify -p on the command line but provide no password then you
will be prompted for one. The script assumes that the 'root' mysql
account has no password, which appears to be what you have so I'm not
sure why it wouldn't run.

To be honest, the easiest way to get this script to work would be to
amend it to use your myth user credentials - you can find this, as
other posters have mentioned, in the mysql.txt file which will live in
/etc/myth or /usr/local/share/mythtv or somewhere else depending on
your particular installation.

To get mysql to work without user and password info just create a
.my.cnf file in your home directory where you want to run the script
and make the contents look like this:

[client]
user=mythtv_user
password=mythtv_password
database=mythconverg

obviously replace the mythtv_user and mythtv_password with your actual
user and password info from the mysql.txt file.

Once you've created this file you can run mysql without any user or
password arguments and it will connect as that user - so just edit the
updateid script and remove the '-u root' and it should all just work.

HTH
Neil

--
Neil Milne