[mythtv-users] Can myth DVD output 7.1 audio?

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Thu Jan 10 22:07:58 UTC 2008

Back when my home theatre PC was running windows, I bought DVD player
software that would output 7.1 channels to my amp (8 discrete channels).
Although I'm very happy with Myth, I'm wondering if I've given up a nice
feature....

Does Myth's DVD player decode 8 discrete channels?  I've confirmed using
speaker-test that my 8 channels are working, but movies like Gladiator
(which are in DTS 6.1) don't seem to provide anything beyond 2 channels in
myth.

Thanks,
MD