[mythtv-users] Can myth DVD output 7.1 audio?

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Thu Jan 10 23:24:09 UTC 2008

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way...I thought it would be simplest
if I use the 8 discrete analog outputs on my PC, then I can use the 8
discrete analog inputs on the amp. But this requires the DVD software to do
the decoding.

My Receiver/Amp can do the DTS 7.1 decoding but I didn't understand how the
8 channels would get from the Myth PC to the AMP.  Would all 8 channels be
encoded over the 2 analog channels (I assume at a quality loss) in Myth?

How would this work?

Thanks,
MD