[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Fri Jan 11 00:07:54 UTC 2008

John wrote:
> Another vote for the Antec. It is nice, but make sure you measure up
> before you buy one, it is very deep (front to back), and you will have
> all your VGA cables etc coming out of the back.

It's also quite wide: 445mm. Most consumer electronics measure in below
440mm, and that's the size of my cabinet. I couldn't fit my Antec Fusion
in because it was 5mm too wide (additionally, the case fans are on the
side, so you need even more room to the side to allow for proper air flow).

Some of the SilverStone cases measure up a bit better (for example, the
ML-02, but that one is low-profile, so you're limited there as well...)

Dean.