[mythtv-users] Channel Icons (yet again)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 11 16:56:46 UTC 2008

On 01/11/2008 11:45 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 11:35 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 01/11/2008 06:29 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>
>>> OK - now I've set my MYTHCONFDIR again, and reset the icon map, and
>>> run mythfilldatabase, and I have icons.  Why would --update-icon-map
>>> clear out the filenames?
>>>
>> --reset-icon-map all clears channel icons.  If you did b, here,
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294101#294101 ,
>> that's what cleared them.
> See, that's where my problem is.  I now have icons, but I reset the icon map
> and then did a normal mfdb.

Which is great.  Assuming you had (ever) updated the icon map (at any
time before this), you used the new icon map.

>   If I rest the icon map, updated the icon map,
> and then did the mfdb, then I'd have no icons.

Updating the icon map need only happen once.  It's not part of "getting
icons"--it's simply to update the tables that specify the location of
icons so that when you reset the icon map and run mfdb to retrieve
icons, it looks at the right location.

Because--and /only/ because--the icon map in 0.20.2 is old and has been
broken by changes to the zap2it website, we need to update the icon map
to no longer attempt to retrieve icons from zap2it.  This /only/ has to
be done once per database--the change "sticks" through any
"mythfilldatabase" or "mythfilldatabase --reset-icon-map all" or
whatever.  The only thing that changes it is "mythfilldatabase
--update-icon-map" and if you run that with the same master_iconmap.xml,
you're not making any changes.

Mike