[mythtv-users] FFW/REW stutters in Recordings - smooth in LiveTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 11 19:57:48 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Jonno wrote:

> Ahh, I see (from this http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-10.html
> ). When I get home I'll check what is set up currently.
>
> Since LiveTV is working great (can't be a processor issue), what would
> be the drawback of setting everything to record that way? Is it a
> disk-space-saving thing?

It's a personal preference of how big you want your video files to be
for disk space and frontend playback considerations. Balance it to
whatever you consider "good enough" quality and ability to playback/
store without stress.

> When I say that LiveTV works great, the replay and fast-forwarding
> does. I do have another problem when I change aspect ratio to
> something other than 4:3 zoom or 16:9 zoom. Then I get horizontal line
> distortion on fast-moving video. Think they are related?

You're viewing interlaced content on a progressive display, I'm
guessing. Use a deinterlacer when viewing content to help.