[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is powered ON? Re: SA3250HD is turning itself off?

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:02:00 UTC 2008

Well, I can tell you that when I used my ultra accurate current meter, that
there was far less power consumption while in the off state.  However, my
ultra accurate current meter is my hand feeling a difference in heat
generation when placed on top of the box.  When on for a while, the top is
fairly hot, but after being off for a while, the top is nice and cool.  I
would assume that putting it into standby (because let's face it, you can't
actually turn off electronics these days), it actually consumes far less
power.  However, I do not have any scientific numbers to back that up.