[mythtv-users] Slave backend issues

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 11 22:39:11 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:

> I converted my old master backend to a slave backend last night.
> After some my.cnf wrangling, I got everything up and working - that
> is, until the flipping power went off for 20 seconds this
> afternoon.  Argh.
>
> Anyway, now, I 'm having problems with the slave backend
> connecting.  nmap shows ports 6543 and 6544 closed.  The slave
> backend log shows that it connects to the master backend as a
> slave.  The Master frontend log shows nothing of the sort.

I assume you mean master backend, not frontend. Did you try restarting
the master backend?

Whenever I do a major configuration change, I always reboot my
machine(s) to make sure they come back ok. I've been burned too many
times thinking all was fine until I have to reboot for some reason or
another. :)