[mythtv-users] Feature requests: Better use of Genre

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Jan 13 05:23:12 UTC 2008

Thanks to David Engel for recently releasing a patch
(<URL:http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15411> that permits more
full use of the ScheduleDirect genre data when searching for
programs. It runs well on my manually-patched 0.20.2 setup.

A few suggestions/requests come to mind:

* Feature request: The same search ability in Recorded Programs. _The
  Da Vinci Code_, for example, has the Mystery category and the Drama
  and Suspense genre tags but only shows up in the Mystery group
  filter.

* Feature request: Category/genre combinations appear in Category
  Search regardless of whether they currently have any listings
  associated with them. It'd be great for only currently-valid
  combinations to be listed, the way the Recorded Programs group
  filter works. Filtering out empty combinations would lengthen the
  (already perceptibly-longer, if only by a few secondsq)
  list-building process, but I think it'd be worth it.

* Bug report: The Category Search listbox isn't wide enough to
  properly show all combinations. For example, "Home improvement" by
  itself is wide enough to take up most of the line, and subcategories
  are unreadable. I'll file a ticket for this one.

--
Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | San Francisco CA US