[mythtv-users] DVD ISO playback problems: Invalid IFO

Martin Ritchie ritchiem at apache.org
Sun Jan 13 20:40:31 UTC 2008

On 11/01/2008, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem at apache.org> wrote:
> On 10/01/2008, Jonathan Larson <jtlarson at u.washington.edu> wrote:

Just for the record dd_rhelp completed in around 8 hours. The
resulting iso was corrupted, that said mythvideo would at least start
the main feature, but the video was corrupted and it hung.

I did download ddrescue as Michael and while it took 4 hours it did
copy the DVD, perhaps I'm being picky but I would have expected it to
take a lot less time than that. I could watch al the content in less
time. Perhaps using wine and windows tool I could do it but that is
not what I'm after.

Anyway, thanks to all for suggestions. If the time really annoys me
then perhaps I might look at the windows/wine tools in an attempt to
find out why they are faster and see if we can't get a fully open
source friendly version. For now ddrescue looks like my best bet.

Regards

Martin

The reference again:
ddrescue:  http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html