[mythtv-users] Changed tuner PCI slot - lost video

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:47:38 UTC 2008

Myth 0.20.2 on Ubuntu 7.10.

I have a Hauppauge PVR-500 and have been using it for a well over a
year on kernel 2.6.18.1.

I wanted to start trying to pick up some OTA signals and picked up a
KWorld PCI 115.

Due to space issues, I moved the PVR-500 to a different PCI slot, and
put in my KWorld.
So far that is all I have done, haven't loaded any additional modules
(for the KWorld) or done anything to my Myth setup.

Now, anything recorded on my PVR-500 isn't working, just black fuzz.

I tried searching gossamer, but too many hits unrelated were returned
(example search "change pci slot").
It someone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

This is yielding either the black fuzz or not even starting mplayer:

                    ivtv-tune -d /dev/video0 -c 42
                    cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg
                        (let it run for about 1 minute)

                    ivtv-tune -d /dev/video1 -c 42
                    cat /dev/video1 > /tmp/test.mpg
                        (let it run for about 1 minute)

I am kind of guessing, the KWorld is loading and the PVR-500 isn't.
But not too positive on how to diagnose.

TIA,
Dave