[mythtv-users] Waterproof myth?

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Mon Jan 14 02:51:39 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:
>  OK, the gauntlet's been thrown in my family.
>
> Myth in the shower.
>
> Can it be done?  Sure, if you can find the hardware.
>
> But does the hardware exist and is it affordable?
>
> Thoughts, comments, ideas?

I guess it depends on what you expect people to be able to do in
there... if you just want to watch TV, waterproof LCD screens abound. If
you also want to be able to change channels and stuff, you'll need a
waterproof remote (you can also get waterproof touchscreens, but I think
you'll have to wait for updates to the MythUI for that to become feasible).

This seems pretty cool: http://www.computermonitors.co.uk/tile_tv.htm

Dean.