[mythtv-users] Motherboard choice ???

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:35:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 7:27 PM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any input on this HDMI board - M2N-VM HDMI?
>
> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=567&l4=0&model=1944&modelmenu=1

I wouldn't put too much stock into a HDMI port on my motherboard.
Just my 2 cents, and please do read reviews.  Normally, for quality
video and sound, you'll buy a sound card and video card.   The issues
that were mentioned seem more relevant.  Namely, sata/pata ports,
firewire, usb, PCIe vs AGP.  Basically a tradeoff on price, if that's
a concern.  If not, you could get one of the new Gigabyte boards.
Maybe the X38T-DQ6 or something like that.  Beware DDR3 memory is very
expensive, and myth doesn't yet need a hugely powerful cpu, but it
could help transcodes.