[mythtv-users] 1080p choppy playback

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Jan 14 19:28:00 UTC 2008

Mat Kyne [matkyne at hotmail.com] wrote:

> "I thought the problems with Bob were only present when running a display at 1080i, not 1080p. Bob seems to work for me with my 5200 at 1080p."
>
> Would you mind posting your X config file, and your playback settings?

I'm now just using the 1920x1080p modeline from EDID, and have
a lot of confusing, unused crud that I have never cleaned up
from my attempts at doing 1080i on my old CRT.
The only "interesting" parts of my config are:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Generic Video Card"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "true"
    Option "RenderAccel" "true"
    Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
    Option "NVAGP" "2"
    Option "UseEvents" "true"
EndSection

As to playback..  Since the myth settings are stored in a database,
and I'm no DB expert, it is hard for me to dump them.  I'm using XvMC.
My video timing method is RTC.  I've set the following in
/etc/sysctl.conf:
dev.hpet.max-user-freq = 2048
dev.rtc.max-user-freq = 2048

Again, things are *not* perfect for me.  As soon as there is other
substantial activity on the system, things degrade badly for me.

Drew