[mythtv-users] Saving off Shows

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:26:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 3:18 PM, Rob Ogle <rogle at css1.net> wrote:

> Yes...this "another machine" is...wait for it...Vista.
>
> I've got a WinTV-PVR-500 MCE. When I pulled the mpeg over and they
> wouldn't
> play, I tried using G-Spot to figure out what codecs I needed and all it
> said was "not a valid avi file". Which kind threw me. I thought avi's and
> mpegs were completely different. Unless of course G-Spot only detects
> stuff
> for avi's.
>
> ...and before anyone asks...the reason I think it's an mpeg is because the
> file extension is .mpg. :) Just thought I'd cover my bases there.
>
> If there's no way to pull them off using existing hardware, I'll try the
> burner. I hadn't even thought of MythArchive. Good call.

I also send recording to my Brother in Iraq.  i find that nuvexport is the
best solution for me.  My brother has a laptop there so exporting them to
xVid saves a lot of space.  I set it up to convert recording as soon as
commflaggin is done.  Then i just show up, dump the xvids to the dvd drive,
burn, and mail.

Mitchell