[mythtv-users] am i dropping frames?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Jan 15 01:12:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

When i watch sports, i notice that the video is not very smooth. It's pretty
smooth, but noticabally not smooth when compared to watching standard tv
(non mythtv). During most other shows it's not noticable, but since sports
are fast action the entire time, it's noticable, especially during
basketball.

Watching downloaded divx videos from the stage6 divx site shows me that it's
not the system, cause those hd videos play so smoothly.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Am i dropping frames in my recordings, and is
that why it seems this way? How do i tell?

-Thanks