[mythtv-users] am i dropping frames?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 15 02:29:00 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:

> Which de-interlacer are you using?  I just played the file in VLC and it
> looked bad until I enabled Bob detinerlacer.

I agree, interlace artifacts all over the place.

The artifacts I see are not worse than what I sometimes see on sports
events, even directly off-air, no Myth involved.

Remember all of the networks are encoding/decoding and processing, as is
your cable/satellite provider, plus all of the terrestrial links, all
this in addition to your system. It's a miracle we can see anything at all.

beww