[mythtv-users] Not seeing LCD output on my Zalman HD-160 case ..

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:58:40 UTC 2008

I have a Zalman HD-160 case with an internal LCD display.  The internal LCD Display on the case is not showing me anything, however I accidentally pressed Ctrl + F8, and I can see the LCD display on my computer monitor, although it is not showing up in the case LCD monitor as expected.

I am running Ubuntu 7.04 and I installed the software required to communicate with the LCD display as specified on the myth wiki.

It looks like the status info I am expecteing is on the virtual terminal Ctrl+F8 but is not getting routed to the LCD itself.

What do I need to do in terms of trouble shooting to get this to work right without unnecessary tedium.   I am running one of the latest version of mythtv svn.  But I don't think this problem is speciifc to mythtv in general.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thx

IM