[mythtv-users] PS3 front-end with UPnP

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:22:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 2:35 PM, David Durham, Jr. <david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's different, it's MythTV running on the PS3 natively.
> >
> > The original question was related to a PS3 running the original PS3
> > software, acting as a DLNA (UPnP) frontend for a MythTV server running
> > somewhere else.

Ok, it looks like the discovery process just takes a while.  I left
the ps3 on for a while, and it eventually finds the mythtv media
server.  Triggering the media server search doesn't do it.  I'm not
really sure what would cause that.  I saw in other forums that
restarting the mythtv backend helps, but I've not tested that.