[mythtv-users] AppleTV 2 and MythTV

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:46:36 UTC 2008

On 1/15/08, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apple today announced the AppleTV 2, their second generation set-top device.
> [...]
> The price was a limiting factor with the original AppleTV. $299 was
> too much for what it could do for MythTV. There was no reason to
> consider the AppleTV before.
>
> Now at $229, a 23% price drop, with more features to boot, the scale
> has been tipped. It's an idea that is starting to maybe not only be
> reasonable, but maybe actually make sense.

I've heard though the grapevine that the "new" AppleTV is the same
hardware as the old one, just new software.  I don't know much about
Apple's original software load, but I know that you can install Linux
and run mythfrontend even with HD shows.  Of course, then you lose the
integration with iTunes

-- Tony  brummett at gmail.com