[mythtv-users] AppleTV 2 and MythTV

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:23:35 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 2:16 PM, Tim Litwiller <timlitw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one of the old ones - it works very well as an SD mythfrontend, I
> don't have HD content yet.  Follow the howtos to intalled the addon to edit
> the menus and then install mythtv.
>
> Hopefully it is just as easy to get it moded with the usbstick method. to
> add the menu item and mythtv back after the upgrade.

Tim,  do you have MythTv setup as a menu add-on in the AppleTv GUI?
so you can select MythTv and go to MythFrontend?  or do you just
connect to your MythBox as a shared drive to view content?
i know somebody was able to hack their AppleTv so that MythTv showed
up as a menu item.  but i never found details on how to do it.
have you tried upgrading the harddrive?