[mythtv-users] help with modifying OSD

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:08:46 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 1:51 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> I use the Retro theme, and have been thinking about changing the OSD
> position
> and layout to be more out of the way. I would like to make it lie at the
> very
> bottom of the screen so that when I Pause and step through a sports replay
> (for example), it isn't so much in the way.
>
> Is this hard to do or has anyone done this before? I have read the OSD
> Development Guide but it's a bit sparse. Is there a better resource?
>
> Thanks!

Don't re-invent what is already done...

The MythTVMediaCenter OSD theme is transparent and takes up a lot less
screen real estate than most other OSD themes.  I'm not sure if it's part of
the core myththemes distribution.  If not, you can see it and download it
here: http://www.radixpub.com/vir/portfolio/mtvmc/

Tom