[mythtv-users] AppleTV 2 and MythTV

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jan 15 23:42:23 UTC 2008

Peter A. Daly wrote:
> Apple today announced the AppleTV 2, their second generation set-top device.
> Personally, I'm excited to see where this will go.  What do you think?

Can AppleTV2 do DLNA? If yes, then MythTV is a DLNA server, and voila,
instant integration without having to run MythTV on the Apple box.

BTW, I've heard a couple rumors that the DLNA code in MythTV is not
quite production-ready yet - e.g., when using the PS3 as a DLNA client,
there might be some issues with MythTV, while it works fine with other
DLNA servers.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/