[mythtv-users] Disk Space UI

Bryan Murphy bryan.murphy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:34:31 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 9:30 PM, Dean Harding <dean.harding at dload.com.au> wrote:

> Bryan Murphy wrote:
> > On Jan 15, 2008 9:17 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> She can't click through Information Center -> System Status -> Machine
> >> Status?  That tells you approximately how much free space (in time)
> >> you have left.
> >
> > Spoken by a true Linux geek.  Honestly, no she can't, nor would I expect her to.
>
> It's not really a matter of "can" or "can't". It's that, to a non-geek
> person, doing that sort of thing would simply never cross their mind. No
> matter how many times you explain it to them...
>
> Dean.

Yes, thank you!  For example, tonight I had to explain, for at least
the THIRD time that when she pressed the record button while she was
watching something, it actually started recording!  I mean, how simple
is that?  But, it's not like the screen pops up with a giant
confirmation message that confirms that it did what she wanted it to
do.  Rather, it pops up with a tiny little modification to the text
that says (Record One Program +0) or something incongruous like that
which is easily missed if you don't know what you're looking for.

It's easy for me, but she's not me.  I'm just fishing for ways to ease
this process, because right now it's totally chaffing my ass... :)

Bryan