[mythtv-users] Viewing encrypted DVB-S channels

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Wed Jan 16 10:45:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 08:51 +0100, Jelte Veldstra wrote:
> [...]
> to scan for channels. You could try the same and select the three
> lines for Nederland 1 till 3 out of this scan. Then in mythtv-setup
> drop the DVB-S adapter and all associated inputs and channels. Then
> add the adapter again, set the LNB access up, create new inputs and
> use the previously created channels scan with the three Nederland 1-3
> channels.
>
> That should give you a working config with the three Nederland
> channels. If that works reliably you can start importing the other
> Dutch channels as well.
>
> Good luck! I have spent a lot of time on this as well, but now
> comparing it with analog cable, it has been well worth the effort.
>
> Regards,
>

> Jelte
>
> P.S. Another route to try is using a Phoenix interface for the Canal
> Digitaal smartcard and sasc-ng as a softcam. Googling for NewCS and
> sasc-ng should give you pointers on this setup.
>

> On Jan 14, 2008 8:05 PM, Johan <johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be> wrote:
>
>         On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 08:43 +0100, belcampo wrote:
>         > Re: [mythtv-users] Viewing encrypted DVB-S channels To:
>         Discussion about
>         > mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org > Message-ID:
>         > <1200219388.13378.14.camel at phoenix> Content-Type: text/plain
>         On Sat,
>         > 2008-01-12 at 13:43 +0000, Stroller wrote:
>         >  > > On 11 Jan 2008, at 19:36, Johan wrote:
>         >  >> > > ... since all dutch
>         >  >> > > satellite channels are encrypted, this is a major
>         issue and I
>         >  >> > > decided to
>         >  >> > > get a CI interface an a CAM, to use with my official
>         subscription
>         >  >> > > smart
>         >  >> > > card.
>         >  >> > >
>         >  >> > > To my surprise it does not work, I do not get to see
>         the encrypted
>         > DVB-S and CI-Interface and CAM should indeed work as you
>         expected. It
>         > works in Mythtv for several years for me in the Netherlands.
>         And if it
>         > works as you say with Kaffeine, it should also work with all
>         other apps.
>         > under linux.
>         >
>         > Belcampo
>         >
>         >

>         I just installed vdr, just for the sake of testing and it also
>         works.
>
>         So this is not a linux dvb driver problem, but something in
>         mythtv.
>         Just wondering where the difference is. Which version of
>         mythtv are you
>         running in a working configuration ? I have already checked if
>         the Pid
>         (Service id under Mythtv) entry in the mythconverge date base
>         is ok, and
>         it looks like 2004 is the right number for RTL4.

Thanks Jelte,

I have only 10 channels in the list, of which 2 working FTA's. Deleted
the card, deleted all channels, re-imported channels (I have only tried
the built in channel scanner once, and its not working very well). I
created the channels.conf with "scan -a 0" , but tried all options.

I'm not really persuing the phoenix interface route, as I dont like it
very much (and I just bought the CI interface and the CAM)
but there could be an incompatibility between my ZCAS CAM and Mythtv.
Wonder if I could give the CAM more time to settle after a channel
change.. I've already maxed out the tuning timers in the DVB capture
card setup.

Johan