[mythtv-users] MythTV and Zalman HD-160 LCD output

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:01:54 UTC 2008

I have a Zalman HD-160 with an LCD display at the front of the case.  I downloaded and installed the correct software for this case from website.  This case is using a modified version of LCDproc that is version 0.4.*.  The latest version of lcdproc is 0.5*

I was able to get the LCD display outputting something like "  ## LCDProc Server? ## Cli 0 Svr 0 on 2 lines of output.

So far so good.

I am not seeing any status messages, I have mythlcdserver enabled in front end.    I also have a PVR-150 card that uses a blaster to change my STB.  The PVR-150 is using lirc.   I have to have lirc running otherwise my blaster doesn't work.

In my LCDd.conf file I have it set to litsen to same port # that mythlcdserver is using.

If I start mythfrontend the display on LCD changes from Cli 0 to Cli 1 as in:  ## LCDProc Server? ## Cli 1 Svr 0

that's all I see.

What do I need to do to get mythlcdserver to send data to my LCD display.  The myth wiki on this subject mentioned dropping an object file in a path where mythlcdserver could find it, some how this din't make sense to me ..

by the way I am using myth svn ..

thx

IM