[mythtv-users] What to expect when you're expecting FireWire

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:59:08 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 1:44 PM, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:

> find
> similar

> > > So since the SA4250 tips didn't seem to make a difference for my
> > > SA4240, can anyone offer suggestions on how to determine if the ports
> > > just don't work or if I've messed something up?
> > >
> > > I tried all the variations of broadcast/p2p and Box type from within
> > > mythtv-setup and got nothing.  I'm not surprised because test_mpeg2
> > > didn't work either.
> > >
> > > Is it about time to take it to the linux firewire mailing list?
> > >
> > > Ry
> > >

> > I  used to use the SA4250HDC firewire capture worked but not channel
> > changing.
> >
> > Mitchell
> >

> Just to wrap this up, today I was informed by someone at the customer
> service center their managers have told them they didn't provide ANY
> STB with active firewire ports and they had no intention to, saying
> they believed they weren't required to until next year (I'm pretty
> sure they were confusing the OTA digital mandate with the HD 1394
> mandate).  Since I didn't have a copy of the regs with me, and my
> lunch break was already about 40 minutes long from standing in line, I
> opted for just continuing to use my blaster with s-video out.
>
> Time Warner is ingenious.  They just make it so dang inconvenient to
> argue with them, they suck your will right out of you before forcing
> them to do something they don't want to.
>
> Ry

Thats to bad dude.  When i went to the store to get a STB the rep I spoke
with new exactly what I needed.  I was extremely surprised!  I was expecting
a battle!

Like I said they gave me the 4250HDC, Time Warner Kansas City.

Sorry about your luck, there is always antenna for HD.  Thats all I use
anymore.  I hardly watched cable so i just canceled it a few months ago.

Mitchell