[mythtv-users] Compile problem SVN on debian etch

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:38:05 UTC 2008

>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Looks like it can't find some OpenGL libraries/headers. If you want to
> use OpenGL video support, make sure you have all of the development
> libraries and headers installed for it.

I have all of the libraries listed in this tutorial:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Ubuntu_Breezy#How_do_I_download_the_source_code.3F

I also installed all the libglib and libglu stuff I could find including
development libs. Still doesn't compile. Are there any new dependencies in
SVN? Maybe the libs are there, but the compiler can't find them for some
reason. Maybe a debian thing?