[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:19:04 UTC 2008

> http://www.9thtee.com/hdhomerun.htm
>
> That device looks really shady, but I trust you guys.
>
>  One thing you are forgetting is a video card.  What kind of display
> will this be connecting to?  Either way, an FX5200 is all you need,
> and most come with s-video and dvi.

Yes, that device.  Yes its in a basic case but the power is o-so great.  I
was nervouse buying it myself (at the time it was only out 2 months) but
everyone on the list said go for it.

Its so simple to install and configure.  Myth needs no drivers, modules
etc.  Just select HDHomeRun in tuners and it will auto-magically find it.
Configure your listings source and it will work as long as the ethernet port
is working.

Mitchell