[mythtv-users] Asus M2NPV-VM F8 Suspend

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:00:49 UTC 2008

This is a continuation of the thread
ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2
I am renaming it to keep the subject in sync with the topic

Ok, So here is where I stand now.

The goals:

   - Get suspend to work on my BE/FE box
   - have power via remote.
   - Have power via remote frontend work.

Box is a Asus M2NPV-VM
AMD X2 5200
1 Gig of RAM
PVR 150
2 Sata drives
HDHomeRun
MCE USB remote /w lirc

Where i stand now:

To put box in suspend I must unload IVTV then reload after after resume.
'rmmod ivtv' 'modprobe ivtv'
To get power via remote I moved jumpers on Motherboard. and 'echo USB0 >
/proc/acpi/wakeup'
To suspend I do a 'echo mem > /sys/power/state
To wake push power button or remotes power button.

What I need to fix:
X does not reload on resume.  I am running the latest nVidia 169.07 drivers
using the onboard 6150 graphics.

Beyond that the box works perfectly.  Once i resume i can ssh to the box and
see mythbackend is running and I can hit it with Mythweb.  Also my
recordings will work just find.  I just don't get a GUI.

So anyone out there have this issue and find a resolution?

Thanks,
Mitchell