[mythtv-users] NFS problems

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jan 17 06:00:47 UTC 2008

    > Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:32:30 -0600
    > From: Brent Norris <brent at brentnorris.net>

    > Nah, All my myth boxen are static.  Interestingly, it has now started to
    >   work on one of my frontends, but only if I run the mount command by
    > hand: mount -t nfs 192.168.254.249:/public /mnt/public

    > seems to work though it is slow. But a mount -a doesn't work.

    > This is so messed up.

Just for yucks, try swapping out the router(s) between them.
Or, check for marginal cabling (or something that -almost-
fell out, perhaps).

This is smelling like a hardware problem to me, especially given the
flakiness and your comment that it's now "slow", although perhaps
not---does /etc/fstab specify mount options that you're not specifying
in your by-hand mount?  That might either explain the "slow" (if it
specs larger rsize/wsize etc) or the failure (if it's using options
that aren't working any more and aren't the default).

Also, of course, make sure that /etc/fstab didn't get trashed
somehow; take a look in a text editor that will show possibly-
nonprinting characters.