[mythtv-users] Remote control on dvico dual 4 card

Nicholas Magers Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au
Thu Jan 17 10:29:52 UTC 2008

Thanks to Chris Pascoe and others for getting this card and remote
working for linux users. I followed the config instructions located at:

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/

My question is about the remote control. Some but not all of the buttons
on the remote work. I researched lirc and succcesfully created an
lircd.conf file with irrecord. I then created an lircrc file. Nothing
changed. Still only some buttons work. That is left, right, up, down and
the windows button.

I also found that the lircd deamon is not running but the remote still
works with the buttons described above. I am now assuming that lirc is
not required for this remote. Am I right? Can someone point me in the
right direction.

Thanks in advance.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.