[mythtv-users] Help with this mailing list

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 17 15:39:05 UTC 2008

Simon Bell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 mails archived with my email address on, I tried to remove them
> and ask for them to be removed but I'm having no luck.
>
> Please could someone let me know how I can remove them or who I need to
> mail to do so. I will repost the info after.
>
> They have been there for a while now and I have started getting spam...
>
> please help

Gee, I started getting spam over 10 years ago, welcome to the club.

I don't think there is any simple way to remove your email address from
an archived message, and even if you could, that would not remove it
from any spammer lists you have managed to get on.

There is a reason that anti-spam applications are so popular. Look into
the various methods available both on the server side and to work with
your MUA.

Some people use a separate email address for posting to mailing lists,
but that can defeat the purpose if you want to follow the list.

Spam is a pervasive problem, not easily solved with a request such as
yours. It's a sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.

beww