[mythtv-users] Playback problems No XVMC with fx5200, with current nvidia drivers

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 17:42:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 10:15 -0700, kim Gross wrote:
> kim Gross wrote:
> > Jesse Burt wrote:
> >> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 22:38 -0700, kim Gross wrote:
> >> [snip]

> >> Kim,
> >>
> >> Would you please attach the output of the glxinfo command, and the
> >> file /etc/X11/XvMCConfig?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Jesse Burt
> >>

> > Here you go
> >
> Any suggestions on this?
>
> Kim

Kim,

What is the output of:
ls -l /usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

(this is usually a symlink to the real file, so make sure the link isn't
broken - usually shows up in red if it is)

I have found that what works for my GeForce 5500OC is
an /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file that contained:

/usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.100.14.19

(of course you'd have to change the line to reflect the filename of the
XvMC library you actually have - though it may be the same; do ls
-l /usr/lib/libXvMC*)

Cheers,
Jesse