[mythtv-users] Help with this mailing list

Dave Sherohman dave at sherohman.org
Thu Jan 17 17:52:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:39:05AM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> I don't think there is any simple way to remove your email address from
> an archived message, and even if you could, that would not remove it
> from any spammer lists you have managed to get on.

Aside from that, removing the messages from the official archive would
also not remove them from the various unofficial archives and indexes
scattered across the net.  It's usually a pretty safe bet that, once you
put information into a publically-accessible area of the net, there's no
way to remove it.  (You *might* be able to pull it off if you have a lot
of time, money, and lawyers to throw at the task, but, even then, it
would be extremely difficult and success would not be guaranteed.)

--
I reckon we are now the only monastry ever that had a dungeon stuffed with
sixteen thousand zombies.