[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 18 04:34:02 UTC 2008

David Segall wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> David Segall wrote:
>>> I wanted a wireless keyboard with an integrated pointing device and
>>> bought this one
>>> <http://www.adesso.us/product_details.asp?dept%5Fid=106&pf%5Fid=KA33KBWKB%2D4000>
>>> It feels a bit flimsy but it has lasted well and I like the "laptop
>>> compatible" touch pad. I confess I covet the DiNovo Edge
>>> <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2166,CONTENTID=10717>
>>> for its looks but it is a ridiculous price and I have not tried it.
>> The DiNovo Edge is ridiculously priced. But there is a cheaper version,
>> just 'Logitech DiNovo'. Not quite as small, or slim, uses AA batteries
>> but works the same way.
> I couldn't find a keyboard similar to the one you describe on the
> Logitech site but I did find the "DiNovo Mini"
> <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en>
> which is obviously intended as _the_ MythTV keyboard and remote.

You might also consider trying one of the Apple bluetooth keyboards and
mice, if you do not mind all white. You will probably find the keyboard
will not entirely work, 'out of the box', but you should easily be able
to create a .xmodmap file to remap the missing keys. (It's been done for
a Nokia N800 tablet running maemo (debian based)).

Price is not too bad either...about $60 for the keyboard and $30 for the
mouse. And you do need a bluetooth adapter..

Geoff
Geoff