[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Fri Jan 18 09:36:11 UTC 2008

  >     Between my desktop, my frontend, and my backend I've got 5
  > cpus distributed over the home network catching up on the backlog.
  >
  >     That's just too cool...

  Ummm, how?

  I had to transcode two HD shows last night and it took *forever*.  I
  sat there working on my laptop that was doing nothing at all and
  wondered whether I could use it for any good?

Indeed, I've been trying a Mythdora VMWare frontend onm my laptop.

I'm not sure I have the setup right but from what I've seen so far it's just acting as a gui for all the operations on the backend.  It's potentially really useful but reality is still for me a confusing battle against issue after issue.

But things I know you can do...  due to the issue with 2nd audio tracks getting blanked on DVBt recordings I've need to ffmpeg "lossless" transcode and I've done this from my laptop.  If you just get the latest exe (assuming Windows)  and learn some ffmpeg command line stuff it's very easy although not strictly MythTV.