[mythtv-users] Help with xmltv UK (Radiotimes) and MythTV?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:53:36 UTC 2008

On 18/01/2008, Stephen G <sgreszcz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So far I'm adding the video source and scanning for channels.  Then I
>  mythfilldatabase when I exit mythtv-setup but it seems not to link the channels that
>  were scanned with the information that was downloaded from Radiotimes.

I'm working on it next!

I've just added support for dynamically-created timeshifted channels
and will commit support for creating FreeView listings from existing
Radio Times data later today hopefully (bug-testing at the moment).
These new features will only be available from XMLTV CVS until the
next version of XMLTV is released.

Making it straightforward to get the RT listings into MythTV (or other
XMLTV-aware projects) without much fuss is next on my priority list. I
hope to make it easy (or easier at least) to configure listings for
all major UK/Ireland platforms. In the first instance, this may well
be via some scripts, but there are plans in the XMLTV dev community to
realise proper platform/service provider support.

Currently as David said, a large amount of tinkering is required to
get XMLTV IDs applied to your existing DVB channels - this will also
be remedied with this work, as will creating entirely new channel
lists with the correct/preferred channel numbers and names.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/