[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:14:23 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 8:44 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/01/2008, Chris Hayes <chris at lwcdial.net> wrote:
>

> > >     Between my desktop, my frontend, and my backend I've got 5
> > > cpus distributed over the home network catching up on the backlog.
> > >
> > >     That's just too cool...
> >

> > Ummm, how?
> >
> > I had to transcode two HD shows last night and it took *forever*.  I
> > sat there working on my laptop that was doing nothing at all and
> > wondered whether I could use it for any good?
> >

> > Is there a howto or more information on how to do something like this
for us mere mortals? I googled mythcutprojectx but only found the source,
and to be honest I'm not smart enough to figure out what's going on without
a little handholding.

My home network right now is 1 myth FE/BE, one FC6 fileserver, One Windows
domain controller / fileserver, my Core2Duo Vista workstation and a couple
other Windows PCs. It would be awesome if I could distribute the CPU load
across some of these machines.