[mythtv-users] 2 second delay on video (and is there a way to get rid of it?)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 15:44:46 UTC 2008

> standing in front of the camera calls me on the phone, I would like
> their mouth to sync up with their words.

The inherent delay makes mythtv not very suitable for videophone
applications, but the lip-sync is a different issue.  You're probably
listening to the sound directly, when you need to pass it through a
capture card (either your video capture card will have an audio input,
or you need to use a dedicated sound card.  Then mythtv should at
least keep sound and video in sync.