[mythtv-users] 0.21

Marko Nurmenniemi marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi
Fri Jan 18 20:22:38 UTC 2008

Andy Burns wrote:
> On 16/01/2008 22:44, Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
>
>> So from reading the trac and other sources it seems that the coming 0.21
>> will release the multirec for all the good people who have chosen the
>> path of the DVB
>>
>> Any real world test available or is it still breaking massively?
>
> I notice that as of yesterday atrpms-bleeding has a version which
> includes multirec which recently landed on the trunk, just to be clear
> that doesn't mean it's released yet, however I've just taken the chance
> and leapt from stable to bleeding to try it out, so far so good database
> schema applied and backend restarted, just about to remove my tuners,
> add them back and rescan ...

So I went for the bleeding...and instead of 3 tuners I now have 9
"tuners", tweaked the setting to 3 simultaneous recordings for each of
the cards. I have not tried to do crazy amounts of recording yet...

If you don't remove the cards you can use the system but the multirec
ability is not possible...just for people that might wonder about that.

Small pixelation and slow menu loading besides the only real problem is
that the mythweb is giving me the cold shoulder. No access (403) is the
story.
Any experiences?
Naturally used to work just fine before the update.

I'm running Fedora 9 with a x86_64 processor.
The version is 0.21-174_trunk_r15447.fc8.x86_64
Everything updated to latest versions yesterday.

-M